Wednesday, June 15, 2011

From the mouths of babes...

Sunday morning I made Wub a reversible halter top to wear to Dad's memorial service. I put it on her and she immediately began tugging at the bottom ruffle.

Chloe-"Where's the rest of it?"
Mommy-"It's a shirt sweetheart. It doesn't have a skirt."
Chloe-(Still tugging at the rufflle.)"But where's the rest of it?'
Mommy-"Honey, I don't know what you mean. What rest of it?"
Chloe-"Where's the part that covers my belly button?"

I promptly explained to her that it was supposed to be short like that. She seemed mostly ok although I did see her tugging at it occasionally.

Later that evening I sewed up a super quick sun dress for her. When I tried it on her...

Mommy-"Do you like it?"
Chloe-"Yes it's very pretty..." Smooths down the front of the dress... "and it protects my belly"

No comments:

Post a Comment