Monday, June 17, 2013

Sew little..

Amber from Crazy Little Projects is have a Learn to Sew: Kids Edition. I thought it would be a good opportunity to get Wub started on the sewing machine. We started off practicing straight and zig zag stitches. Since Wub picked out a pretty large scrap to practice on we made it into a doll blanket.
I have to admit that the process is a we bit stressful. Wub is mildly flighty and I am not the most patient of teachers. But no sewn over fingers and I am just taking deep breaths and trying to be as patient as possible while stressing the importance of paying attention where the needle is, where the fabric is and where your fingers are. 
I want her to enjoy sewing, not equate it with Mommy being a meanie. 

Tomorrow we're going to try out the Covered Notebook project. I'm kind of excited because she is doing so well. Let's hope I can continue to Keep Calm and Keep Her Sewing On.

No comments:

Post a Comment